The Institute provides the following services to the wider business community worldwide
- Enquiry Circulation Service: The IIPL regularly receives enquiries for assistance from business, entrepreneurs and inventors which are freely distributed to members
- Training and Education: Having the expertise needed is crucial in this demanding sector and so the IIPL has developed its own professional practise Certificate in Intellectual Property Licensing Practice
- Speakers for Events: Our Fellows and their connections regularly contribute to Seminars, Workshops and debate on topics of especial relevance to economic growth through licensing
- Expert Witnesses: Where called on our members offer specialist services for arbitration, enquiries and proceedings
- Mediation: For dispute resolution over licence disputes where the parties benefit from an experienced umpire for help in resolving licensing issues
For further details please contact us.
What Licensing Practitioners Do
- Assessment of IP: Identifying and appraising client’s intellectual property, providing reports and recommendations often leading to new business growth
- New Opportunity and Freedom to Operate Searches: Reporting on the likely commercial success of a prospective innovation thus providing a sound basis for continuing to invest or to re-evaluate
- Establishing Licences and Agreements: where commercial and technical expertise will make the most of the client’s property and so provide tangible benefits for the client including financial return.
- IP Valuations; Achieving often the vital underpinnings of financial value for the purposes of investment, exploitation and exit sales
- Negotiations: Dealing with commercially sensitive and high level discussions between entities often securing agreement by means of skilful facilitation
- Licence Management: Managing a client’s IP under licence not only monitors performance and accounts for receipts but also manages risk and maintenance