(Incorporating the Institute of International Licensing Practitioners-IILP)
We are a professional body representing the interests of practitioners in the field of intellectual property and its exploitation for commercial use worldwide.
If commercialising technology is part of your work, please join us! Because:
- Importance of understanding IP exploitation has grown year by year this last decade
- Investors have now come to regard IP Assets when properly valued as a adequate security
- IP has made it to the balance sheet as a disclosable asset in many territories
- There has never been a better time to be associated with the licensing industry
Our vision is to achieve global respect for the practise of intellectual property licensing in all its forms and for its benefits to society, the economy and the individual. And to achieve this our mission is to be a professional resource for you!
Why Join Us? In short: Professional Recognition of your skills by clients and prospects.
No one profits from Innovation without Exploitation . Our Institutes aim is to support its members in making the most of their talent and satisfying the needs of industry and commerce worldwide in exploiting innovation.
Exploiting IP is challenging! It needs professionals like you to further the exploitation of visionary ideas, principally through licensing, to optimise value, enhance profitability and stimulate economic growth.
Our Institute supports and develops its members through:
- Peer forums, blogs and newsletters to elevate practice
- Careful regulation through a rigorous code of conduct
- Professional training, intensive IP Licensing courses
- Constant support, mentoring and exclusive events
- Working together to achieve Chartered Status
Where have we come from?
2019 is our Jubilee year. Founded in 1969 as a national institute, we reformed as the Institute of International Licensing Practitioners in 1978 and are now refreshed in the digital age as the Institute of Intellectual Property Licensing. See About Us
Like to know more? Whether you are a licensing practitioner, a practitioner-to-be, a student or a business trying to find solutions, you are welcome to Contact Us